How to reduce your Netflix bill by 50% or more
Its a well known fact that Netflix catalogues vary by country, and Vanished VPN allows you to access the USA catalogue which has approx 3x the content of some other countries (including Australia). But, did you know that Netflix also varies its charges by country ?
So what ?
By using Vanished VPN, you can connect to our VPN servers in Turkey (the cheapest country in the world for Netflix), set up a subscription, and then just use Netflix as you would normally, and save a lot of $ (you will need to cancel your current subscription too).
The table below shows a quick comparison of the cost of a Netflix subscription in the Turkey , compared to Australia & Switzerland (the most expensive country in the world for Netflix).
All prices are in $AUD for comparison, and correct at time of writing (May 2018)
|COUNTRY||BASIC SUB||STANDARD SUB||PREMIUM SUB|
As you can see, if you’re in Australia, you can save around $5 per month ($60 per year) on each plan by re-registering your Netflix account in Turkey. If you’re in Switzerland, you can save $13 per month ($166 per year) on a premium subscription by using this method.
To gain the maximum benefit, you will need to cancel your existing Netflix account, and then sign up for the new one on the day that the old account expires. You will need a new email address (just set one up on gmail if you don’t have one). If you also pay with a different credit card to the original account, you will get a free month trial (which reduces the cost even further).
Once you’ve done this:
1) Register for a Vanished VPN subscription if you don’t already have one.
2) Connect to our Turkey VPN servers (OpenVPN file attached to this article)
3) Goto Netflix.com . If your existing account signs in automatically, just sign out (click the arrow in the top right hand corner).
4) You should now be able to scroll down, and click on ‘pick your price’ to see the prices in TL (Turkish Lira).
5) Click on the ‘join free for a month’, and then click through the following screens to enter your new email address and new credit card details (you can use the same credit card that you used on your original account, but you won’t get the freee month).
6) Disconnect from the Turkey VPN, and return to either your home Netflix (or connect to our US VPN for USA Netflix).
7) Netflix & Chill …..
Note, your credit card company may charge a small foreign transaction fee for paying in TL. This is likely to be much lower than the amount that you’re saving by using this method, but check with your credit card provider if you aren’t sure.
Also note that by setting up a new account, you will lose your Netflix history, so if this is more important than the savings, you should stay where you are.