How to Watch 6 Nations Rugby
The pinnacle of Test rugby, the Six Nations, in the northern hemisphere has rolled around again so to make sure you miss none of the action we’ve compiled an information page with the games and where they will be televised.
Thankfully, you can stream the whole tournament online, live free & legally wherever you are in the world. All you need is a a Vanished VPN subscription and this trusty guide.
All matches will be shown on either BBC iPlayer or ITV.com (see full schedule below)
- Get a Vanished VPN subscription if you don’t already have one.
- Connect to our UK VPN
- Goto either BBC iplayer or ITV.com
- Enjoy the Rugby
Men’s Six Nations
In the Men’s Six Nations Championship the games are shared between BBC and ITV this year. But importantly, it all revolves around who is playing at home.
So, if England, Italy, and Ireland are playing at home, then the game will be televised on ITV.
However, if France, Scotland, and Wales are, then the BBC is televising the match.
Six Nations TV Coverage 2020: BBC and ITV Matches
Sat 1 February, Wales v Italy, Principality Stadium, BBC, 2.15pm
Sat 1 February, Ireland v Scotland, Aviva Stadium, ITV, 4.45pm
Sun 2 February, France v England, BBC, 3pm
Sat 8 February, Ireland v Wales, Aviva Stadium, ITV, 2.15pm
Sat 8 February, Scotland v England, BT Murrayfield, BBC, 4.45pm
Sun 9 February, France v Italy, BBC, 3pm
Sat 22 February, Italy v Scotland, ITV, 2.15pm
Sat 22 February, Wales v France, Principality Stadium, BBC, 4.45pm
Sun 23 February, England v Ireland, Twickenham, ITV, 3pm
Sat 7 March, Ireland v Italy, Aviva Stadium, ITV, 2.15pm
Sat 7 March, England v Wales, Twickenham, ITV, 4.45pm
Sun 8 March, Scotland v France, BT Murrayfield, BBC, 3pm
Sat 14 March, Wales v Scotland, Principality Stadium, BBC, 2.15pm
Sat 14 March, Italy v England, ITV, 4.45pm
Sat 14 March, France v Ireland, BBC, 8pm
For more information and updates, check out the official 6 Nations fixtures list.
How to watch ESPN+
ESPN+ was formed in 2018, and carries a lot of sports streams for a very competitive $4.99 per month (with a free 7 day trial). Sports include Boxing, AFL, MLB, NHL, NFL, FA Cup football, English Championship football, Serie A, Rugby, Cricket and much more. See full review from Engadget here.
Most interesting is that from Jan 2019, ESPN+ now carry UFC (which was previously very hard to find reasonable priced streams)
Here’s our tips on how to sign up for ESPN+
1. Get a Vanished VPN Subscription if you don’t already have one.
2. Connect to the USA VPN
3. Go to plus.espn.com & sign up for the free trial.
4. Click through to enter your card details & US postal code (be creative. We used 90210, which worked)
Once you’re signed up, we found that there were issues using certain browsers to view content. We had 100% success using a Chrome Browser (with Incognito Window). To view content:
1. Ensure you are still connected to the USA VPN
2. Open a Chrome browser
3. Click on the 3 dots in the top right, an select ‘New Incognito Window’
4. When the new window opens, go to espn.com/watch/espnplus
5. Login by clicking the icon in the top right, and choosing login from the menu (use the credentials you setup when you registered for ESPN+)
6. Once logged in, you can view the available streams under the ‘Schedule & replays’ option on the menu bar.